Windsor and Eton Brewery are looking for an exceptionally driven brewer to lead our brewing team. The Brewing Team Leader will undertake core production tasks plus they are also responsible for additional management duties.
This is a key role within our operation and requires the highest quality & hygiene standards. Additionally, excellent teamworking skills are necessary to work very closely with the Head Brewer as well as the Brewing Team Members.
We are “Beer led” and for this role we seek candidates that have some years’ brewing experience and/or qualifications that seek the next step in their brewing career development. Candidates are expected to demonstrate a real aptitude for innovation and development of our operation and beers.
Title: Brewing Team Leader
Reports to: Head Brewer
Employment type: Full time salaried position (40 hours, usually over 5 days)
Based at: Windsor & Eton Brewery, 1 Vansittart Estate, Duke Street, Windsor SL4 1SE
The brewing operation covers all aspects from the ordering and intake of raw materials through to dispatch of finished goods in cask, keg bottle and can formats. In terms of hands-on production it therefore encompasses:
• Intake of raw materials
• Fermentation and conditioning control
• Preparation of beer for on-site (kegging, cask racking, canning) & off-site packaging
• Packaging and storage of finished goods (including operating a FLT)
• Cleaning containers, the brewing plant and general-use areas
The role is often very physically demanding and therefore people should anticipate a job where you will be active and are prepared to be very hands-on.
Over and above these Brewing Team Member duties the Brewing Team Leader also covers the administration and direct management of the operation including:
• Planning of production to meet Sales demand
• Ordering of raw materials
• Planning of work amongst the Brewing Team Members
• Tasting and approval of products
• Leadership and coordination of the Brewing Team Members
• Achievement of our high quality standards including the maintenance & development of our SALSA accreditation system
• Product and process development, including novel beer development
• Undertaking brewery tours and Meet the Brewer events etc. to represent the brewery and our brands will be required
• This is a full-time role (40 hours/week) & involves managing an operation that includes double brewing (shifts at 6-2 and 12-8) and occasional weekend work by the team. The successful candidate will not only manage this operation but will take part in the operations along with his/her colleagues.
• The successful candidate would also on occasion be expected to represent the brewery at events held both on- and off-site
• Whilst it is not essential - it is likely that the successful candidate will be a qualified brewer to a minimum of GCB and preferably Diploma level. However, knowledge through experience will be equally valued
• Experience of professionally managing a team including such items as recruitment; appraisals; discipline; training etc. will be beneficial but again not essential as training will be provided
• Applications should be made to email@example.com including your C.V. Please use this email address If you wish to discuss the role or you have specific questions
• Applications will close on 25-02-22
• Salary will be dependent upon experience of the successful candidate